USN-1264-1: Bind vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1264-1
16th November, 2011
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Bind could be made to crash if it received specially crafted network traffic.
- bind9 - Internet Domain Name Server
It was discovered that Bind incorrectly handled certain specially crafted
packets. A remote attacker could use this flaw to cause Bind to crash,
resulting in a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 11.10:
- libdns69 1:9.7.3.dfsg-1ubuntu4.1
- Ubuntu 11.04:
- libdns69 1:9.7.3.dfsg-1ubuntu2.3
- Ubuntu 10.10:
- libdns66 1:9.7.1.dfsg.P2-2ubuntu0.5
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- libdns64 1:9.7.0.dfsg.P1-1ubuntu0.4
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS:
- libdns36 1:9.4.2.dfsg.P2-2ubuntu0.9
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.