Download Ubuntu Server
Your next steps with Ubuntu Server
Use Ubuntu’s tools to help you provision and manage your servers
Server management with Landscape
- Landscape is the leading management tool to deploy, monitor and manage your Ubuntu servers
- It features Autopilot, the fastest way to build an OpenStack cloud
- Landscape is also available as part of Ubuntu Advantage, Canonical’s world-class support service
Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 LTS for OpenStack
- Supported for five years by Canonical
- ZFS support for LXD OpenStack hosts
- Nova LXD driver – deploy OpenStack instances as system containers, dramatically increasing per-node density
- Juju OpenStack bundle – automated deployment of OpenStack into LXD system containers
- Certified by Microsoft to host Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as guests, under its Server Virtualisation Validation Program (SVVP)
- Updated to the Mitaka release, including automated installation, queuing/notification and the integration of database-as-a-service
- OpenStack software, Juju, MAAS, LXD on IBM LinuxONE mainframe
Ubuntu Server for ARM
Optimised for hyperscale deployments and certified on a number of ARM chipsets, Ubuntu Server for ARM includes the 64-bit ARMv8 platforms.
Ubuntu for POWER8
Ubuntu is now available on the IBM POWER8 platform, bringing the entire Ubuntu and OpenStack ecosystem to IBM POWER8
Ubuntu for IBM LinuxONE
IBM LinuxONE and z Systems leverage open technology solutions to meet the demands of the new application economy. Ubuntu is now available, with Juju and Ubuntu OpenStack.
Get the version you need
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is available for purchase on USB stick, from the online Ubuntu shop.
Ubuntu is available via BitTorrent links and regional mirrors. You can also use the network installer.
Looking for a previous LTS point release with its original stack? Older versions of Ubuntu remain available.