The number one OpenStack
As the number one platform for OpenStack and also the number one platform for public clouds, Canonical provides consulting, training, enterprise support and remote operations, to help you focus on what matters most — your applications, not the infrastructure.
- Ubuntu is the most widely used Linux distribution for OpenStack
- AT&T, Bloomberg, Paypal, eBay, Sky and Walmart build OpenStack with Canonical on Ubuntu
- Ongoing operations like upgrading OpenStack are simplified with Canonical’s reference architecture
- BootStack is a fully managed OpenStack cloud, on your hardware, in your data center, by Canonical
- Foundation Cloud Build includes set-up, design, architecture and training in one package by Canonical
Three ways to get OpenStack on Ubuntu
Fully managed OpenStack cloud
Canonical will design, build and operate a production OpenStack cloud on your premises from $15 per server per day. We’ll train and transfer control to your team on request.
This is the recommended way to get to production fast, enabling you to ramp your workloads efficiently and focus on cloud consumption not infrastructure.
OpenStack delivered to you in 3 weeks
Tailor your reference OpenStack cloud to your requirements and then our engineers will build your, working alongside your team.
Canonical offers training and long-term enterprise support plus optional consulting services for networking, storage, monitoring and cloud architecture.
Install manually – single or multi-node
Use Canonical’s conjure-up to deploy a multi-node OpenStack. With LXD containers, it all fits on your laptop, in VMware or even a public cloud. Ideal for first-time users or developers who want to study the components of OpenStack in action. Use it with MAAS (‘Metal as a Service’) to deploy across many servers and scale it to many racks.
A selection of our OpenStack clients
BootStack — fully managed OpenStack on premises
BootStack a private OpenStack cloud managed remotely by Canonical. This is the fastest way to get to production. It runs on your hardware, in the datacenter of your choice with our experts responsible for deployment and 24/7 support.
- Built to your specifications
- Your choice of Ubuntu- certified server and network hardware
- Monitor every machine with your existing dashboards
- Guaranteed availability backed by a clear SLA
- Transfer operations anytime you want
We build you a production OpenStack in 3 weeks
With our Foundation Cloud Build service you can get a full production OpenStack cloud up and running in 3 weeks using the reference architecture. With model driven operations and upgrades to future OpenStack releases guaranteed, the OpenStack cloud from Canonical is the fast track to efficient cloud success. Optional consulting available to tailor the architecture to your specific requirements.
- SLAs and support services
- On-site engineering and support
- Reference architecture available
- OpenStack feature development as needed
- Customised architecture service placement
- Repeatable automated deployment
- Hardware guidance
The support has been fabulous. The whole team stepped up and helped us work through issues.Director of Web Engineering at Best Buy Corp
Canonical’s conjure-up is an installer for complex topologies of interconnected software, like OpenStack and Kubernetes, or Hadoop. It works on Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace and private infrastructure — bare metal, LXD containers, VMware or OpenStack.
Want to try out Ubuntu OpenStack or Kubernetes for the first time? Start with conjure-up. conjure-up is an open source command line tool written in Python. It uses ‘spells’ which describe the applications to deploy — modify, create and publish your own spells easily to share your reference architecture inside the organisation.