Install Ubuntu Server on an UP2 IoT Grove Development Kit
Install Ubuntu Server
We will walk you through the steps of installing Ubuntu Server on the UP2 IoT Grove Development Kit. At the end of this process, you will have a fully fledged development or production environment.
- An UP2 IoT Grove Development Kit
- A USB flash drive
- An Ubuntu Server image
1 Download Ubuntu Server
Get the correct Ubuntu Server image for your board:
2 Install Ubuntu Server
Booting the board from the USB flash drive will start the Ubuntu installer.
- Insert the USB flash drive in the Up2 board.
- Power on the board.
- The installer will start automatically. Follow the prompts to install Ubuntu Server on the on-board eMMC disk. You can refer to this tutorial for complete Ubuntu Server installation guidance.
Before you start, get your IoT security story straight
A recent Canonical survey of 2,000 consumers suggests that a shockingly high percentage of connected devices may be vulnerable to botnets, hackers and cyber attacks:
- Only 31% of consumers update the firmware on their connected devices as soon as updates become available.
- 40% of consumers have never performed firmware updates on their connected devices
- 40% of consumers believe that performing firmware updates on their connected devices is the responsibility of either software developers or the device manufacturer
How would you like to make use of Ubuntu?
In any particular sectors?
Do you have sector-specific requirements?
What is important to you?
Is there anything we should know about the project to bring the right people from our side?
How should we get in touch?
Thank you for enquiring about Ubuntu core
A member of our team will be in touch within one working day.