Ubuntu for education
With a wide range of educational software and certified hardware, Ubuntu provides secure, cost-effective, accessible computing for students, teachers and school administrators.
- Open source — free from licensing restrictions
- Microsoft-compatible office productivity suite
- Fully translated into 100+ languages
- Long-term support releases come with five years of security patches and updates
- On-site consulting services and training available
- Virus free and highly secure
- Runs well on old and new hardware
- A wide range of education-specific apps for students and educators alike
A global success in education
Penn Manor school district, USA
Penn Manor saved $345,000 on 1,725 Ubuntu PCs at a fraction of what proprietary software costs.
The Andalusian Regional Government, Spain
“Students throughout Andalusia now have access to a stable and easy-to-use technology environment.”
Université de Nantes, France
Reduced the total cost of ownership across 40,000 Windows-dominated desktops.
Countless open source tools and apps available
Software suite of learning and skill building activities for school children.
Extensive virtual world atlas for exploring the earth and other planets.
IT tool which allows teachers to manage individual computers within school’s network.
Planetarium software that displays 3D realistic skies in real time.
Collaborative programming environment for creating interactive stories, games and animation.
An artificial life program that simulates the processes involved in the evolution of organisms.
Support and management tools for your school
Ubuntu Advantage is the professional support package from the experts at Canonical. Get 24x7 support with access to engineers with first-hand experience of your issues. It also includes Landscape, the Ubuntu systems management tool, for monitoring, managing, patching and compliance reporting on all your Ubuntu desktops.