Ubuntu Advantage Storage
Ubuntu Advantage Storage from Canonical embeds the proven software‐defined storage (SDS) technologies of Ceph, NexentaEdge, Swift and SwiftStack, into a 24x7‐supported software solution with a unique metered pricing model.
The pace of data creation is exploding. As structured and unstructured data fills disks and data retention policies lengthen, every organisation must find cost‐effective ways to grow their storage infrastructure.
Traditionally enterprise storage needs have been met with appliance‐like SAN (Storage Area Network) and NAS (Network Attached Storage) solutions. However, they are often expensive to purchase, expand and upgrade.
Designed from the ground up for petabyte‐scale deployments, Ubuntu Advantage Storage now offers a proven software-defined storage (SDS) alternative at the lowest per gigabyte price.
Legacy storage solutions are often priced per‐node or according to total disk capacity. This can lead to a penalty for good practices such as high durability replication.
Ubuntu Advantage Storage is different. Our pricing is based on the amount of data you record in your storage pool, regardless of how it is written or how much disk space is used.
Ubuntu Advantage Storage means you don’t have to pay for replicas or empty space.
Why Ubuntu Advantage Storage?
- Plan, build and grow your production-grade SDS infrastructure on commodity hardware using proven open source solutions.
- Deploy and scale an Ubuntu Advantage Storage cluster in hours, not weeks, using Juju and MAAS.
- Pay only for the data you store — no cost penalty for increased replication or high‐durability erasure coding or early build out of capacity.
- Landscape customers can use Autopilot to design, deploy and manage their storage clusters in a fully automated manner.
- World‐class support from Canonical, experts in large‐scale, multi‐site‐replicated deployments.
- Built with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with five years of support for every component in the stack.