Ubuntu Security Notice USN-2217-1
21st May, 2014
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
lxml could allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- lxml - pythonic binding for the libxml2 and libxslt libraries
It was discovered that the lxml.html.clean module incorrectly stripped
control characters. An attacked could potentially exploit this to conduct
cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- python3-lxml 3.3.3-1ubuntu0.1
- python-lxml 3.3.3-1ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 13.10:
- python3-lxml 3.2.0-1ubuntu0.1
- python-lxml 3.2.0-1ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- python3-lxml 2.3.2-1ubuntu0.2
- python-lxml 2.3.2-1ubuntu0.2
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
After a standard system update you need to reboot your computer to make
all the necessary changes.