BootStack — your managed cloud
Choose OpenStack and we’ll make it happen.
Canonical, the world’s leading cloud platform company, will build, support and manage your OpenStack cloud for just $15 per server per day, plus hardware and hosting. Then, when you’re ready, we’ll train your team and smoothly hand over operational control.
Need a managed OpenStack cloud up and running next week?
Learn about BootStack managed cloud
We specify your cloud 1
Together, we design your cloud to the required size and specifications — on your site, in your datacentre or hosted with one of our partners.
We host your cloud 2
OpenStack experts take full responsibility for the management, monitoring and 24/7 availability of your new cloud.
We transfer control 3
As and when you decide to take control of your cloud back in house, we will train your team on its operations to ensure a smooth handover.
The easy way in
BootStack is the only OpenStack solution that’s SLA-backed and supported end-to-end. It’s your cloud, running on your hardware, in your datacentre (if you want it there) with the world’s OpenStack experts responsible for availability, for as long as you need it. Which leaves you free to focus on the workloads that add value to your business. Our business is taking care of your cloud.
Your cloud, your site, our experience
Leverage our vast experience in OpenStack and commission us to build the cloud you need, whether it’s a proof of concept, an enterprise-grade production cloud, a dev-test operational cloud, a big data platform or anything else. We’ll help you choose the right hardware or, if you prefer, a best-of-breed hosted solution from our list of partners.
We run our own business on OpenStack and we’ll take care of your cloud exactly the same way. We handle all the infrastructure monitoring and management, while your team retains complete visibility of the cloud, on every screen and every tool.
Cloud hosting service made easy ›
Discover how Canonical and Softlayer can help you build and manage your OpenStack cloud.
Crunching some numbers
Are your public cloud expenses predictable? Do you know what it costs to hire and retain an OpenStack team? Are you ready to invest in cloud services without knowing what the outcome for your business will be? Are you concerned about lock-in?
These are all common questions. And often, BootStack is the answer. Here’s why:
- Zero investment — we build the cloud and host it, so you don’t have to hire a team of experts or commit upfront investment.
- Predictable costs — your cloud is built to your specifications, on dedicated hardware and priced in a predictable fashion.
- Guaranteed availability — our peerless expertise, based on the management of hundreds of clouds, is backed up by a clear SLA.
- Complete control — your team can access every tool and every machine — and we can transfer operations to you on demand. There is no risk of lock-in.
The business case
A 24/7 team of six in-house OpenStack experts could cost from $900k to $1.5m. BootStack therefore makes economic sense for deployments of up to 200 servers. Beyond that, you could probably operate your own cloud at similar efficiencies, but focus would become a challenge. That’s why many of our larger customers still rely on us for our OpenStack skills, while retaining control of their own data and hardware.
BootStack FAQs ›
Answers to your most frequently asked questions about BootStack.
Beyond the cloud: PaaS and big data
We excel at deploying and managing scale-out applications, like the Cloud Foundry PaaS platform and Hadoop. We can help with scale-oriented devops practices, rapid development techniques and continuous integration/deployment.
A best-of-breed cloud
A BootStack hosted cloud gives you an unbeatable combination:
- OpenStack, the world’s leading open cloud platform
- Ubuntu, the number one operating system for OpenStack
- Your choice of hardware, certified by Canonical for Ubuntu and OpenStack
- Hosting facilities including IBM Softlayer (or your own datacentre, if you prefer)
- 24/7 support and management by the OpenStack experts at Canonical
- A suite of management tools and the training you need to take control
BootStack — taking away the pain of cloud management ›
BootStack (short for: build, operate, and optionally transfer) is the new offering from Canonical to round up its cloud portfolio.