USN-1779-1: GNOME Online Accounts vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1779-1
25th March, 2013
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 11.10
GNOME Online Accounts could be made to expose sensitive information over the network.
- gnome-online-accounts - GNOME Online Accounts
It was discovered that GNOME Online Accounts did not properly check SSL
certificates when configuring online accounts. If a remote attacker were
able to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to
alter or compromise credentials and confidential information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- libgoa-1.0-0 3.6.0-0ubuntu1.1
- gnome-online-accounts 3.6.0-0ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- libgoa-1.0-0 3.4.0-0ubuntu1.1
- gnome-online-accounts 3.4.0-0ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 11.10:
- libgoa-1.0-0 3.2.1-0ubuntu1.1
- gnome-online-accounts 3.2.1-0ubuntu1.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.