USN-2155-1: OpenSSH vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-2155-1
25th March, 2014
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
OpenSSH incorrectly handled environment restrictions with wildcards.
- openssh - secure shell (SSH) for secure access to remote machines
Jann Horn discovered that OpenSSH incorrectly handled wildcards in
AcceptEnv lines. A remote attacker could use this issue to possibly bypass
certain intended environment variable restrictions.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 13.10:
- openssh-server 1:6.2p2-6ubuntu0.2
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- openssh-server 1:6.0p1-3ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- openssh-server 1:5.9p1-5ubuntu1.2
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- openssh-server 1:5.3p1-3ubuntu7.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.