- OpenStack is the leading open cloud platform
- Ubuntu is the world’s most popular operating system for OpenStack
- Ubuntu OpenStack is the world’s most stable and manageable cloud
- Try or build your own cloud, engage us to build and manage it or commission a completely bespoke cloud solution
Among OpenStack deployments with more than 1,600 users, OpenStack survey — April 2016 [PDF 14.6MB]
Four ways to get OpenStack on Ubuntu
Get started on a single machine
Conjure-up’s ability to easily and quickly deploy real-world OpenStack on a single laptop using LXD containers is ideal for first-time users or developers.
Build your own production grade cloud
Canonical’s OpenStack Autopilot is a fully automated tool for easy OpenStack deployment, management and operations.
Buy a managed cloud
With Bootstack, we will set up and operate an OpenStack cloud for you on your premises from only $15 per server per day.
Get a customised cloud
Our engineers can tailor OpenStack to support your specific requirements and cloud applications.
A selection of our OpenStack clients
Install OpenStack on a single machine with conjure-up
Want to try out Ubuntu OpenStack for the first time or develop ‘cloud native’ software on a single machine? Start with conjure-up.
Conjure-up is a command line tool exclusive to Ubuntu 16.04 that enables developers to easily deploy real-world, multi-node OpenStack on a single machine using LXD containers.
Build a production cloud with Autopilot
Canonical’s production cloud installer — OpenStack Autopilot — is the best way to build a clustered OpenStack cloud.
- Fully automated install and operations
- Choice of storage and SDN technologies
- Highest performance cloud architecture
- Add hardware at any time to scale up
- Works on all major vendor servers
- Free to all Ubuntu Advantage customers
- From 5 servers upwards, your cloud grows on demand
- Automatically builds for high availability
Buy a BootStack managed cloud
BootStack gives you a private OpenStack cloud managed by Canonical. It runs on your hardware, in the datacenter of your choice with our experts responsible for design, deployment and 24x7 support.
- Built to your specifications
- Your choice of certified hardware
- Retain complete control of every tool and every machine
- Guaranteed availability backed by a clear SLA
- Transfer operations anytime you want
Get a customised cloud
Engage us to tailor OpenStack to your requirements, with the exact components you want and the precise configuration you need to support all your cloud applications and workloads.
- SLAs and support services
- On-site engineering and support
- Reference architecture design
- OpenStack feature development
- Variable service placement
- Automated deployment scripts
- Repeatable deployment
- Hardware selection support
“The support has been fabulous. The whole team stepped up and helped us work through issues.”
Director of Web Engineering at Best Buy Corp