Ubuntu Security Notice USN-2084-1
21st January, 2014
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
devscripts could be made to run programs if it opened a specially crafted file.
- devscripts - scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier
It was discovered that the uscan tool incorrectly repacked archive files.
If a user or automated system were tricked into processing specially
crafted files, a remote attacker could possibly execute arbitrary code.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 13.10:
- devscripts 2.13.4ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 13.04:
- devscripts 2.13.1ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- devscripts 2.12.4ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- devscripts 2.11.6ubuntu1.6
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- devscripts 2.10.61ubuntu5.6
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.