Ubuntu Security Notice USN-2032-1
21st November, 2013
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Several security issues were fixed in Thunderbird.
- thunderbird - Mozilla Open Source mail and newsgroup client
Multiple security issues were discovered in Thunderbird. If a user were
tricked into connecting to a malicious server, an attacker could possibly
exploit these to cause a denial of service via application crash,
potentially execute arbitrary code, or lead to information disclosure.
(CVE-2013-1741, CVE-2013-2566, CVE-2013-5605, CVE-2013-5607)
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 13.10:
- thunderbird 1:24.1.1+build1-0ubuntu0.13.10.1
- Ubuntu 13.04:
- thunderbird 1:24.1.1+build1-0ubuntu0.13.04.1
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- thunderbird 1:24.1.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.10.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- thunderbird 1:24.1.1+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
After a standard system update you need to restart Thunderbird to make
all the necessary changes.