USN-1897-1: PyMongo vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1897-1
3rd July, 2013
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
PyMongo could be made to crash under certain conditions.
- pymongo - Python interface to the MongoDB document-oriented database
Jibbers McGee discovered that PyMongo incorrectly handled certain invalid
DBRefs. An attacker could use this issue to cause PyMongo to crash,
resulting in a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 13.04:
- python-bson 2.2-4ubuntu0.1
- python-bson-ext 2.2-4ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- python-bson 2.2-2ubuntu0.1
- python-bson-ext 2.2-2ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- python-bson 2.1-1ubuntu0.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.