Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1465-2
6th June, 2012
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Fraudulent security certificates could allow sensitive information to be exposed when accessing the Internet.
- ubuntuone-storage-protocol - Python library for Ubuntu One file storage and sharing service
USN-1465-1 fixed a vulnerability in the Ubuntu One Client. This update adds
a required fix to the Ubuntu One storage protocol library.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that the Ubuntu One Client incorrectly validated server
certificates when using HTTPS connections. If a remote attacker were able
to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to
alter or compromise confidential information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol 3.0.0-0ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 11.10:
- python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol 2.0.1-0ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 11.04:
- python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol 1.6.1-0ubuntu1.2
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol 1.2.0-0ubuntu1.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.