Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1450-1
23rd May, 2012
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
Net-SNMP could be made to crash if it received specially crafted network traffic.
- net-snmp - SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) server and applications
It was discovered that Net-SNMP incorrectly performed entry lookups in the
extension table. A remote attacker could send a specially crafted request
and cause the SNMP server to crash, leading to a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- libsnmp15 5.4.3~dfsg-2.4ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 11.10:
- libsnmp15 5.4.3~dfsg-2.2ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 11.04:
- libsnmp15 5.4.3~dfsg-2ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- libsnmp15 220.127.116.11~dfsg0ubuntu1-0ubuntu2.2
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS:
- libsnmp15 5.4.1~dfsg-4ubuntu4.4
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.