Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1199-1
1st September, 2011
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
A remote attacker could send crafted input to Apache and cause it to crash.
- apache2 - Apache HTTP server
A flaw was discovered in the byterange filter in Apache. A remote attacker
could exploit this to cause a denial of service via resource exhaustion.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 11.04:
- apache2.2-bin 2.2.17-1ubuntu1.2
- Ubuntu 10.10:
- apache2.2-bin 2.2.16-1ubuntu3.3
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- apache2.2-bin 2.2.14-5ubuntu8.6
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS:
- apache2-mpm-worker 2.2.8-1ubuntu0.21
- apache2-mpm-event 2.2.8-1ubuntu0.21
- apache2-mpm-prefork 2.2.8-1ubuntu0.21
- apache2-mpm-perchild 2.2.8-1ubuntu0.21
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.