Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1118-1
20th April, 2011
openslp, openslp-dfsg vulnerability
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 9.10
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
An attacker could send crafted input to OpenSLP and cause it to hang.
- openslp - OpenSLP is an implementation of the Service Location Protocol
- openslp-dfsg - OpenSLP is an implementation of the Service Location Protocol
It was discovered that OpenSLP incorrectly handled certain corrupted
messages. A remote attacker could send a specially crafted packet to
the OpenSLP server and cause it to hang, leading to a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 10.10:
- libslp1 1.2.1-7.7ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- libslp1 1.2.1-7.6ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 9.10:
- libslp1 1.2.1-7.5ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS:
- libslp1 1.2.1-7.1ubuntu0.2
- Ubuntu 6.06 LTS:
- libslp1 1.2.1-5ubuntu0.2
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.