You can make a major contribution to the Ubuntu project by helping others use Ubuntu.
- Test pre-release versions of Ubuntu to help find bugs before the final release. Test early and often!
- Report bugs you find, and help the development team to analyse them. This is most effective if you run the development branch.
- Join an email support list or discussion list on the Ubuntu Mailing Lists. The primary support list is ubuntu-users.
- Join the forums and respond to requests for help.
- Join the Ubuntu support IRC channel: #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net