Ubuntu OpenStack Interoperability Lab (OIL)
OIL is an integration lab in which we test our cloud partners’ products in countless Ubuntu OpenStack configurations. Currently we are working with over 3,000 combinations per month.
Proven integration testing
The Ubuntu Openstack ecosystem is growing fast. This is good news. But as the options in cloud building grow, so does the task of ensuring interoperability between all the components.
Canonical has a long history of interoperability testing between OpenStack and Ubuntu. To bring the benefits of our work to the rest of the ecosystem, we’ve launched the Ubuntu OpenStack Interoperability Lab, making it easier for you to QA the compatibility of your products with the world’s leading open cloud platform.
A sophisticated testing and integration process
Our process tests current and future developments of OpenStack against current and future developments of Ubuntu Server and Server LTS. As the ecosystem has grown we’ve expanded it to include different guest OSs, hypervisors and software-defined networking (SDN) stacks. We’ve also worked with partners familiar with Ubuntu and OpenStack but unfamiliar with Juju, MAAS and charms, to help them more fully integrate their solution with Ubuntu.
The need for tested, integrated components has never been greater. So how do you get involved?
As a partner involved in the interoperability lab you can expect:
- Comprehensive interoperability testing of your products
- Continuous, regular reporting on the results of the tests
- Assistance in the development of the tests themselves
- Ongoing maintenance and tuning of Ubuntu OpenStack
- Technical alignment to synchronise development timelines
- Training on the creation, adaptation and real-world use of Ubuntu Charms
- Marketing assistance, including entry into our list of compatible solutions, joint revenue opportunities and support for joint solutions
- Training in maximising returns on your relationship with Canonical
Involvement in the lab gives you all the benefits of compatibility with the latest release of Ubuntu OpenStack, enabling you to get to market faster and with less cost.
Through the Interoperability Lab, we can classify your solution as ‘fully integrated’ and give give your brand prime positioning, both on our website and in the Juju Charm Store.