Ubuntu on HP Compaq 14 Notebook PC and 14 Notebook PC
The HP Compaq 14 Notebook PC and 14 Notebook PC laptop with the components described below have been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate is disabled on this system
- MMC Cards
- The card reader does not work with MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Insyde: B.16 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD processor Unknown
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sun LE [Radeon HD 8550M]
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU E2-4000 with R2 Graphics]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown WDC WD7500BPVX-60JC3T0