Ubuntu on IBM x3755 M4
The IBM x3755 M4 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.11.0-15.25~precise1 kernel.
- IBM Support
- IBM provides “hardware only warranty” support for Ubuntu. IBM systems debug, management and update tools may or may not work with Ubuntu. IBM and Canonical provide no warranty as to the function of these tools. IBM support personnel will accept problem reports for IBM Hardware ONLY if it is clear that the root cause of the problem appears to be a basic hardware warranty problem, such as a defective power supply, fan or fixed disk. IBM customers that have a problem where the operating system or device driver interaction may be a contributing factor, (could include memory, processor, RAID/storage subsystems, networking devices, other option cards and system management technology), customers should open problem reports with both Canonical (through Ubuntu Advantage) and IBM to engage through TSAnet.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD Opteron(tm) P AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6174
- American Megatrends Inc. -[AYE114AUS-1.00]-
- ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet
- Verbatim STORE N GO
- IBM ServeRAID M1015
- IBM pDSA
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] ServeRAID M1015 SAS/SATA Controller