Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 3441
The Dell Inspiron 3441 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
- Touchpad gestures
- 3 or more finger touchpad gestures do not work on this system.
- Display scaling on external monitor
- When using an external monitor, if the display has not reach the whole screen, please use the "Scaling Options" bar from Display Manager > DTV > Adjustments in AMD Catalyst Control Center to control the display scaling.
- Dell: A01 (UEFI)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell: X16 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU E2-4000 with R2 Graphics]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown WDC WD3200LPVX-75V0TT0