Ubuntu on HP Compaq 14 Notebook PC and 14 Notebook PC
The HP Compaq 14 Notebook PC and 14 Notebook PC laptop with the components described below have been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
- MMC Cards
- The card reader does not work with MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Hibernate is not working on this system
- Insyde: B.43 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
- Insyde: B.22 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3520 @ 2.16GHz
- Intel ValleyView Gen7
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Unknown HGST HTS545050A7E680