Ubuntu on HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC and Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
The HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC and Pavilion 15 Notebook PC laptop with the components described below have been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate is disabled on this system
- Active Hard Drive Protection
- Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- MMC Cards
- The card reader does not work with MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Insyde: F.02 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
- nVidia GM108M [GeForce 830M]
- Intel Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB