Ubuntu on Dell Latitude 3340
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Dell Latitude 3340 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Active Hard Drive Protection
- Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- HDMI audio
- HDMI audio output option may not be available when your laptop is running on battery. This can be solved by rebooting you laptop with the adapter connected.
- Touchpad gestures
- From 2-finger touchpad gestures, only scrolling and tapping work on this system.
- Wireless LED
- Wireless notification LED does not work properly on this system.
- Microphone mute LED
- Microphone mute notification LED does not work properly on this system.
- Legacy Boot Mode Required
- This system was certified using Legacy Boot Mode for certification. The use of EFI or "Auto" boot modes may or may not work properly.
- Dell: A02 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
There are no notes for this release.
- Dell: X16 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components: