Ubuntu on HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC, 255 G2 and Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC, 255 G2 and Compaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PC notebook with the components described below have been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Updates required
This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
- Touchpad gestures
3 or more finger touchpad gestures do not work on this system.
- Display scaling on external monitor
When using an external monitor, if the display has not reached the whole screen, please use the "Scaling Options" bar from Display Manager > DTV > Adjustments in AMD Catalyst Control Center to control the display scaling.
- Hewlett-Packard: F.09 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
Hibernate does not work on this system
- Hewlett-Packard: B.0D (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components: