Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 3135
The Dell Inspiron 3135 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Extended Mode
- AMD Catalyst Control Center is needed to be able to have an external display in extended mode
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD processor AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
- Dell X11
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Kabini [Radeon HD 8210]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050