Ubuntu on Lenovo ThinkPad W540
The Lenovo ThinkPad W540 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Hybrid Video
- Some versions of this system come with two different graphics processors: an Intel UMA on-board adapter and an additional GPU from either nVidia or ATI. On this system, only the Intel graphics chip has been tested and certified. The use of the additional GPU is not supported for this release.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300M CPU @ 2.60GHz
- Lenovo GNET22WW (1.04 )
- Lenovo GNET62M1 (2.10 )
- nVidia GK106GLM [Quadro K2100M]
- Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
- Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM
- Advanced Silicon S.A. WDC WD5000LPVX-08V0TT2
- Unknown WDC WD5000LPVX-08V0TT2