Ubuntu on Lenovo ThinkPad X240
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified pre-install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- BIOS update required
- BIOS version 2.30 (EC 1.14) is required in order for the external microphone to work correctly. http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x240/downloads/DS035952
- Lenovo: GIET53WW (2.01 ) (UEFI)
This system was tested with these key components: