Ubuntu on HP ProBook 445 G1
The HP ProBook 445 G1 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- MMC cards
- The card reader does not work with MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Specific BIOS version required
- Please note that this system was tested with the latest (68CPE Ver. F.21) version of the BIOS. Using previous BIOS versions might result in inability to use the memory card reader.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Hewlett-Packard 68CPE Ver. F.02
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Richland [Radeon HD 8450G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Unknown ST750LM022 HN-M750MBB