Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E6540
The Dell Latitude E6540 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- MMC Cards
- The card reader does not work with some MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Wi-fi Slider Switch not supported
- Wi-fi slider switch is not supported, please use the UI menus to disable the wi-fi device.
- Video mode switch key
- Video mode switch doesn't work on this system, To control the mode, use the "Displays" utility found in "System Settings".
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- USB 3.0
- For some of USB 3.0 sticks, the speed is lower than 60 MB/sec.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz
- Dell A03
- Dell X49
- Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
- Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST320LT007-9ZV142
- Unknown ST320LT007-9ZV142
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]