Ubuntu on Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S5-S531 and ThinkPad Edge S531
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S5-S531 and ThinkPad Edge S531 notebook with the components described below have been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Brightness keys
Brightness keys don't work on this system, To control screen brightness, use the "Brightness and Lock" utility found in "System Settings"
Hibernate does not work correctly on this system
- Lenovo: GKET21WW (1.01 ) (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
- Active Hard Drive Protection
Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- Lenovo: GKET21WW (1.01 ) (UEFI)
This system was tested with these key components: