Ubuntu on HP Compaq 100, CQ 100 Desktop PC and 110 Desktop PC
The HP Compaq 100, CQ 100 Desktop PC and 110 Desktop PC desktop with the components described below have been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- MMC Cards
- The card reader does not work with MMC cards. SD and SDHC cards, however, should work as expected.
- Hibernate is not working on this system
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- AMI: 80.03 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
- AMI: 00.11 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
- AMD AMD E2-3000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Kabini [Radeon HD 8280]
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Kabini [Radeon HD 8240]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST500DM002-1BD142
- Unknown ST500DM002-1BD142