Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E7240
The Dell Latitude E7240 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Wi-fi Slider Switch not supported
- Wi-fi slider switch is not supported, please use the UI menus to disable the wi-fi device.
- Video mode switch key
- Video mode switch doesn't work on this system. To control the displays, use the "Displays" utility found in "System Settings".
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz
- Dell A05
- Dell X32
- Intel Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller
- Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM
- Advanced Silicon S.A. LITEONIT LMT-128M6M mSATA 128GB
- Unknown LITEONIT LMT-128M6M mSATA 128GB
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]