Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 5435
The Dell Inspiron 5435 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD A6-5345M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Dell X19
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Richland [Radeon HD 8410G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
- Advanced Micro Devices Hudson IDE Controller