Ubuntu on Dell Vostro 5560
The Dell Vostro 5560 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Hibernate is not working on this system
- Hybrid Video
- Some versions of this system come with two different graphics processors: an Intel UMA on-board adapter and an additional GPU from either nVidia or ATI. On this system, only the Intel graphics chip has been tested and certified. The use of the additional GPU is not supported for this release.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate may fail on this system
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Dell X12
- Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet
- Unknown ST500LT012-9WS142