Ubuntu on Dell Alienware X51 R2
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Dell Alienware X51 R2 desktop with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary NVidia video driver is required for full functionality.
- Alienware: A04 (UEFI)
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
There are no notes for this release.
- Alienware: X19 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components: