Ubuntu on Dell OptiPlex 3011
The Dell OptiPlex 3011 all in one with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary drivers is required for WiFi functionality. When prompted to install drivers, select the "Broadcom STA" driver.
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Hibernate is not working on this system
- Hybrid Suspend
- Hybrid suspend does not work on this system.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470S CPU @ 2.90GHz
- Dell A03
- Dell X19
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos XTX [Radeon HD 8490]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST500DM002-1BD142
- Unknown ST500DM002-1BD142