Ubuntu on Dell Vostro M5460
The Dell Vostro M5460 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate does not work well on this system
- Dell: X11 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz
- nVidia GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M]
- Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ADATA XM17 32GB
- Advanced Silicon S.A. Hitachi HTS545050A7E380
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]