Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R420
The Dell PowerEdge R420 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-23.45 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-32.51 kernel.
- Intel Ivy Bridge Xeon E-24XX v2 Processor Support
- Dell PowerEdge 420 servers equipped with the new Intel E-24xx v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2420 0 @ 1.90GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2440 0 @ 2.40GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Dell 1.3.5
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Dell PERC H310
- Unknown Patriot Memory
- SEAGATE ST9146803SS
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] PERC H310 Mini Monolithics
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]
- PNY Unknown