Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge M420
The Dell PowerEdge M420 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-24.46 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell 1.3.5 (Legacy)
- Dell 2.1.7 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS Unknown
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-32.51 kernel.
- Intel Ivy Bridge Xeon E-24XX v2 Processor Support
- Dell PowerEdge M420 servers equipped with the new Intel E-24xx v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430 0 @ 2.20GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450L 0 @ 1.80GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Patriot Memory IS916
- ATA M16CSD1-50UCV-D
- Dell PERC H310
- Patriot Memory Patriot Memory
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] PERC H310 Embedded1
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]
- Seagate RSS LLC Expansion Portable