Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R620
The Dell PowerEdge R620 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-32.51 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge R620 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz
- Dell 1.3.6
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Dell PERC H310
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt]
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]
- Seagate RSS LLC Expansion Portable