Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge C8220X (with C8000XD storage node)
The Dell PowerEdge C8220X (with C8000XD storage node) server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-31.50 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge C8220 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L @ 2.00GHz
- ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family
- Intel I350 Gigabit Network Connection
- LSI MR9280-8e
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2108 [Liberator]