Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge C8220X
The Dell PowerEdge C8220X server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-24.46 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-30.48 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge C8220 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L @ 2.00GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz
- Dell 1.0.24
- Dell 2.2.3
- ASPEED Technology, Inc. ASPEED Graphics Family
- Intel I350 Gigabit Network Connection
- Patriot Memory IS916
- Unknown Patriot Memory
- Unknown ST91000640NS