Ubuntu on HP ProLiant SL4545 G7
The HP ProLiant SL4545 G7 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- HP Dynamic Smart Array
- System is certified with Dynamic Smart Array disabled. To disable Dynamic Smart Array: * Press F9 to boot into RBSU * Navigate to System Options -> HP Dynamic Smart Array B320i and select disable * Go to System options -> SATA Controller options and select Legacy SATA or AHCI * Reboot the machine and now you will be able to install the OS.
- HP: A31 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4284
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI ES1000
- Intel 82576 Gigabit Network Connection
- HP LOGICAL VOLUME
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB700/SB800 IDE Controller
- Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array Gen8 Controllers