Ubuntu on HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook
The HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
- Function keys
- Video mode switch and wireless key don't work on this system, To control the mode, use the "Displays" utility found in "System Settings". To control the wireless, use the wireless indicator in the upper right corner of your desktop.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD processor AMD A4-4355M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Insyde F.13
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Trinity [Radeon HD 7400G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST320LT020-9YG142
- None ST320LT020-9YG142