Ubuntu on HP 655
The HP 655 notebook has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD processor AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Insyde F.21
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 7310]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- None Hitachi HTS547550A9E384
- Unknown Hitachi HTS547550A9E384