Ubuntu on Dell Alienware X51
The Dell Alienware X51 desktop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- Alienware A08
- nVidia Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640 OEM]
- Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- None WDC WD10EZEX-75ZF5A0
- Unknown WDC WD10EZEX-75ZF5A0