Ubuntu on Asus X401A
The Asus X401A laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Slow Resume From Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate may fail on this system
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Corporation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
- American Megatrends Inc. X401A.205
- American Megatrends Inc. X401A.210
- Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Unknown ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB